Thursday, March 2, 2017

Workcation 2017




Oh I'm so sad to see Workcation 2017 behind me. Do you ever spend so long counting down to something exciting, and then it feels like it's here and gone before you know it? And then you have that "crap, what do I look forward to now" feeling? Yeah? Ok good, then I'm not alone.

We did this last year and I felt like all the stars aligned to make it happen, but I had my doubts that we'd be able to make it happen again. If you think about it, it's nearly impossible to coordinate the schedules of 11 people. Especially when you take into account the fact that we're all small business owners, more than half of us are mothers, and a handful of us also work full-time jobs. Well, by some miracle, we worked it out...and it was incredible.

We rented the same adorable beach house in Oceanview as last year and once again brought far too much food and wine to get us through two nights and three days. We took full advantage of the natural light in the house and styled some fun flat lays and headshots for each other before parading down to the beach for more in the sunshine. We lucked out with some seriously gorgeous weather and all wished we could have stayed longer to keep enjoying it.





We even got reallllly fancy this year and booked a private chef to come cook us dinner our last night in the house. It was SUCH A TREAT and definitely something I think we'll all agree to do every year moving forward. It was awesome to not have to interrupt our workflow to cook {or do the dishes}, but not have to depend on pizza for dinner either! Brian KILLED it in the kitchen!




We played some really fun games this year that had us all in total giggle fits. Heads Up, Code Names, and LCR may be my new favorite games to play. Did I mention I WON the first game of LCR?! 





There were two big moments that really hammered it home how much I love these ladies and how thankful I am to have each of them in my life. While we were taking headshots on the beach, we each ended up jumping into a few quick snaps with "our people". This group of wonderful women consists of quite a few smaller groups that just love each other to the core. It was because of all these small groups that we all came together to be friends in the first place. So it was super special to see us each take a minute to honor those friendships as well. I think it was Erin who kept saying that watching each of us love on our people made her want to cry. And she was so right.








 Another moment was during our round table discussion. Every time someone presented something to the group, they had the eyes, ears, and hearts of 10 other people focused solely on them and what they had to say. We had the best time talking through our struggles together, offering sound advice, wiping each other's tears, and laughing wholeheartedly at each other. You just don't get that kind of commitment from people every day. It was heartwarming and powerful to watch my people be so invested in each other.



The whole weekend was just so genuine. I think that's probably the best word I can think of to describe these friendships I've been blessed with. I really don't know what I did to deserve having them in my life. But every day I thank my lucky stars for their friendships, their wisdom, and the constant belly laughs they give me.

Until next year ladies! xo

Thanks to all the photogs of the group for the awesome/entertaining pictures. Feel free to check out all my ladies and give them all some love!

Elizabeth Henson Photos //  Christina Barnum Photography  //  Alison McPherson, Real Estate Professional  //  Ro & Co Designs  //  Waters Edge Design  //  Heidi Calma Photography  //  Erin Ammons Photography  //  Crystal Belcher Photography  //  Angie McPherson Photography  //  elovephotos

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply