Monday, August 1, 2016

JDE Brides: Chelsea



Happy Monday friends!!  Let's kick the week off with a JDE Brides feature!!  Chelsea is here to tell us the best parts of her journey through wedding planning, what she would do differently, and to offer a little bit of advice to all of you!



Introduce yourself!  And your husband!
Who are the Lindos you ask?  We are an active, upbeat couple that try to live graciously among others.  I am a Doctoral Physical Therapy student at ODU and Jaine is a soccer coach for various clubs/organizations.

What's your love story?  How did the two of you meet & how did he pop the question?
We met at NC Wesleyan College.  Long story short, I was looking for something on campus and asked him and he pretended he knew where it was to stall long enough to ask for my number and the rest was history!  He popped the question with such thoughtfulness!  At the beach in November he arranged purple flower petals in the sand in the shape of a heart and hired a violinist to play two of my favorite love songs before and after he asked.  Funny side note: I was having a terrible day that day and almost didn't come to the beach!  Also, we walked out on to the beach and I saw a violinist; I made a comment about how it was weird that someone would come to the beach by themselves to play the violin.  Haha!  Then I realized what was going on when he said we should go listen.


What 5 words would you use to describe your wedding?
Disney inspired, classy touches, subtle details, fun, {relatively} stress free!

Where did you go for your honeymoon?
Disney World!!  We had a blast trying new foods/restaurants and watching new shows we hadn't seen before!


What were your favorite & least favorite parts of wedding planning?
Favorite part of planning was definitely planning/making the Disney details {I like Disney, can you tell?}  I also enjoyed meeting some amazing new people through the process which were our vendors!  I plan on keeping in touch with all of them.  Least favorite part was 100% the seating chart.  Good lord, this was the worst!  It's like advanced calculus trying to arrange your friends and family and you really can't put it together until you receive your RSVP's.  So by nature it is the last minute.  Second least favorite part was picking the songs.  I just had a hard time narrowing it down and envisioning what that song would be like in the moment.

Who were your vendors?
Venue: Founders Inn
Photographer: Angie McPherson Photos
Planner: Just Dandy Events
Cake: Bliss Bakery
DJ/Lighting: Astro DJ
Ceremony Music: And I Love Her Violins
Florist: Fluttering Flowers
Beauty: Maggie Carter     


If you could do one thing different throughout your entire wedding planning journey, what would it be?
I honestly can say that for the planning, I wouldn't have done a single thing differently! For the day of, while the sunset pictures turned out AMAZING {and actually some of them are my favorites for the whole day} I really missed that time with the guests at the reception and felt a little guilty about leaving for so long.

Do you have any advice for future brides?
Get a wedding planner {obviously Holly is the bomb.com}.  But seriously, I had the most stress free day EVER on my wedding day and I don't think a lot of people can say that.  A wedding planner, depending on what you decide with them, will also keep your planning on track and hold you accountable, which is what I needed.

Thank you so much for sharing Chelsea!!  I wish we could relive your wedding day all over again!!

 

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply