Friday, July 15, 2016

Introducing the JDE Team: Intern Lauren



Happy Friday ya'll!!  I'm so excited to begin introducing you to the members of our 2016 JDE Team!

Everyone say hello to Lauren!  Lauren is spending the season with us as an intern and has also been my right hand on the social media front for the past month.  I'm so thankful to have her on board!

Read on to learn a bit more about Lauren and make sure to leave her some warm welcomes!




Hi!  My name is Lauren and I am so thrilled to be a part of the JDE team this season!  I graduated from JMU in May of 2015 {Go Dukes!} with a degree in communications.  I'm newly married to my high school sweetheart and am currently working in my first real world job.  I'm hoping that this internship will help me get back into public relations, which is what I am passionate about!  You can often find me in one of three places - Target, in the kitchen baking, or on the couch binge watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

What made you want to work in the wedding industry?
I fell in love with weddings around the age of 14.  I remember spending hours in the floor of Barnes and Noble alongside my best friend {and Matron of Honor}, Blair, sifting through countless bridal magazines.  We loved planning our dream weddings to Orlando Bloom {mine} and Kenny Chesney {hers}.  Fast forward to my {actual dream} wedding in February of this year, which I planned myself.  As stressful as it was, it was the most fun and exciting time of my life!  I loved every minute of being a bride, which resulted in some major post-wedding blues!  Last month, I got to plan another event - Blair's baby shower - which helped me realize that I might have a knack {read: love} for event planning.

What's your favorite part of a wedding day?
Cake!  Just kidding....kind of!  My favorite part of any wedding is when the couple is pronounced husband and wife.  Even when I wasn't the bride, that moment always gave me butterflies!  You can literally feel the happiness radiating around the room.  I love it, too, for what follows - clapping, cheers, and {in my case} confetti!

What's your favorite nail polish color?
My go-to color is often either a pretty neutral or bright pink.  I love OPI's Strawberry Margarita!

Dog or Cat?
I am definitely a dog person.  My parent's English Bulldog, Elmo {aka Moo} has my heart.

Favorite go-to snack/drink at the end of a long day?
My go-to snack lately has been a spoonful of Trader Joe's Cookie Butter.  Give me that and a glass of moscato and I'm a happy girl!

Beach or Pool?
I love spending afternoons at the beach!  I was born and raised here, so beach days were the norm growing up.

Favorite song to roll down the windows and jam out to?
Sugar by Maroon 5

One random fact that people may not know about you:
I've had breakfast at Tiffany's - little black dress and all!



YAY LAUREN!!!  Thank you for all that you do for JDE and it's couples!<3 font="">

And thank you Elizabeth Henson Photos for the awesome team headshots!!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply