Monday, March 14, 2016

Vendor Spotlight: elovephotos



Hey friends!  I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and was able to really take advantage of the insanely spring-ish weather we’ve been having here in Virginia.  I’m so excited to introduce you to my friend Emily from elovephotos.  Emily is one of the sweetest people I know and I got to work with her on a stunning styled shoot back in the fall.  I can’t wait to share that shoot with ya’ll {it involved a donkey named Gus}, but until then I will let Emily tell you a bit about elovephotos and offer up some advice on choosing the right photographer for your big day!


Tell us about elovephotos!
Hi there!  I am a destination wedding and portrait photographer based in Virginia Beach, VA.  I’ve “officially” been in business, in the state of Virginia, since 2013.  Prior to photography, I was an elementary school teacher for 5 years before making the decision to stay home with my daughter in 2009.  I’ve always been a creative person who likes to stay busy.  Once I made the decision to stay home full-time, I needed something to fill the void in my creative little heart that teaching used to do!  I do what I do because I value and cherish memories.  The fact that I have the opportunity to document important moments in people’s lives is what fuels my passion.

Who knew a simple online photography class would lead to a career that allows me to be creative, help others, and stay at home with my children!?

 
How would you describe your photography style?
My photographic style can be summed up as bright, colorful, and classic!  I strive to create images that are real and genuine.  I’m a huge fan of the in-between candid moments.  I love for my clients to have fun and feel relaxed while working with me.


What’s the most memorable event you’ve ever photographed?
I’m horrible at answering “favorite” type questions because I love so many things.  I honestly consider every wedding that I get to be a part of MEMORABLE.  There is always something that happens on a wedding day that makes an impact on me.  Once a bride’s grandfather danced with his sweet wife who had Alzheimer’s while she sat in her walker.  I was bawling as I photographer this, knowing that one day they would be gone and this photograph would live on.  I also had the opportunity to photograph a family, where their 25-year-old son unexpectedly passed away 9 months after their session.  I was devastated for their family and grieved along with them.  The mother told me over and over how grateful she was to have the photographs of him.  Every event and moment that I photograph is significant to me, because it turns into a cherished memory for my clients.

 
What are your top 3 tips for couples choosing a photographer for their wedding day?
  1. Look for someone who has a consistent style.  Take a look at their portfolio, social media, blog, etc. and see images that they take.  You will get a good sense of the type of images you will get by fully investigating their style. You should never force a specific style upon your photographer because both of you will be unhappy.  Look for a photographer whose style WOWS you!  :)
  2. Find a photographer who makes you feel comfortable and fits your personality.  Out of all the vendors on your wedding day, your photographer will most likely be with you the most!  You can usually tell from the first phone call or email interaction whether or not you “click”.  Check out their “about me” section of their website or social media accounts to get a feel for who they are.
  3. Look for a photographer who can give you an “experience”.  Are they attentive?  DO you feel connected to them?  Are they organized?  DO they ask the right questions?  Do they help guide you along as you are planning the timeline of your wedding day?  Do they make you feel like you are more than just a paycheck?  A photographer who gives you a wonderful experience from the first email to the final delivery of your images is what you are looking for.  Go and read reviews on your photographer’s website, vendor websites, and social media to see how past clients’ experiences with them were.


What has been your proudest moment as a small business owner?  What’s your biggest goal?
My proudest moment as a small business owner has been when my clients are so happy with their images/experience that they refer others to me.  This validates me and strengthens my desire to give my clients a wonderful experience!

My biggest goal in my business is to specialize in weddings!  I would like to reach a point where I take a limited number of weddings a year and really make those brides feel special!


What kind of future do you see for elovephotos?
I see elovephotos streamlining into what I mentioned as my biggest goal.  I see it becoming an exclusive type of photography for brideswho value photography and my photographic style.  And of course, I would love to do this all while still maintaining my balance as a wife and mother.

 
Thank you so much for sharing Emily!!  Make sure ya’ll follow elovephotos to see lots of pretty!
 
 

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply