Monday, February 1, 2016

Why You Need A Wedding Planner



Part of my job as a wedding planner is to help newly engaged couples understand why they need a planner for their big day.  And I know you’ve likely read the articles stating all the reasons you need one.  So I won’t bore you with that list again.


Instead, I’m going to share some input from some of my friendors that have had direct experience working both with and without a wedding planner.  I asked for them to share firsthand why they feel like wedding planners can make a huge difference in how a couple's wedding day plays out.  Here’s what they had to say.


“Wedding Planners make all the difference in the world.  I do over 400 events a year and it's truly a sigh of relief when there is a planner on site.  Wedding Planners have this knack to anticipate, to allocate time and energy, focusing on the actual event and its people.  As much as mom, or auntie, or best friend may have the best intentions, the reality is that the organization of the event is left to me and the DJ usually.  Unless I plan to be at the event 30 minutes early to organize the slew of bridal party, family, interpersonal conflicts, nerves of the bride, nerves of the groom, cranky step moms, and more, events without wedding planners suffer.  No matter what, I will always do my best to make sure that the event looks, feels, and sounds amazing.  I just know that without a planner, I've got my work cut out for me.”


In my experience, couples with wedding planners seem much happier on their wedding day haha! Having such a huge resource throughout the wedding planning process and an expert to coordinate logistics on the actual day makes the investment so worth it. Wedding planners are a resource not only to couples, but also the vendors! They can create a timeline that will optimize your wedding day and from a photographer's point of view, I am so thankful for this aspect. Without a planner, I am usually very involved with crafting a timeline to ensure you get the best images on your wedding day. I'm totally fine with this but when a planner is involved, they have the expertise to curate the entire day making sure ALL vendors are able to give you the absolute best service!”


Planners are a huge part of a couple’s wedding day.  Design elements, RSVP management, vendor selection, timeline creation, etc…are just a small part of what planners do that are not traditionally the primary focus of a venue manager.  One of the many reasons I enjoy working with event planners is the ability it provides me to focus on the set-up and service of a couple’s event, with the knowledge and assurance that the bride and groom are being completely taken care of by the planner.  Planners are able to guide couples through their day (and many days before) from the time the hair and make-up team arrive to the sparkler exit and gift pack up, which as a venue manager is so much appreciated (because cloning isn’t an option yet).  The most important thing about creating a client’s perfect day is team work, and I always love having planners as part of the team.

Photo Credit: Daniel Pullen Photography

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply