Monday, January 11, 2016

Vendor Spotlight - Angie McPherson Photography


Ok friends....It's time for another Vendor Spotlight featuring a vendor that I adore for so many reasons.  Angie of Angie McPherson Photography is so incredibly talented.  She spoils the heck out of her clients and makes them feel so great about their images.  She's the first one to throw out a one-liner that will make me snort and she's one of my very best friends.  My couples would be so lucky to have Angie capture their wedding day.  And I absolutely love the advice Angie has for JDE brides on choosing a photographer. 



Tell us about Angie McPherson Photography!  How long have you been operating?  What made you go into photography?
Woo hoo! I'm a Hampton Roads Wedding Photographer, storyteller and adventurer with a love of making people laugh. I've been in business since 2013 and haven't looked back. I picked up photography as a hobby when I had way too much spare time on my hands (sounds like another world now haha)! I began shooting a variety of subjects (my husband, my dog, families, children, etc) but knew I had found my passion when I shot my first wedding. The relationship I'm able to build with my clients is truly amazing. To know the backstory of two people madly in love and document their journey simply allows me to capture my friends getting married. Best. Job. Ever.


How would you describe your photography style?
Bright, crisp, joyful and authentic! I love capturing the candid moments (a stolen glance, a walk hand-in-hand, the shed of a tear), the fun moments (belly laughs, hilarious toasts, grandma doing the Wobble) and the hand-selected details the couple has chosen to reflect them. But I'll also capture the formal portraits that their parents can put over their fireplace. My images tell a story and every love story is different. In any case, working with fun-loving and joyful couples sets my soul on fire and we have the best time keeping the experience light, relaxed and full of personality.



What's the most memorable wedding you've photographed?
This is a tough one! I'm going to be biased and say my brother-in-law's wedding! My husband has a twin brother so he was the best man. I captured my sister-in-law joining the family. I cried while my mother-in-law danced with her son. I was able to dance with my family & friends in between taking pictures. And in the end I was able to deliver beautiful, heartfelt images they can cherish for a lifetime. I'll never forget it!

What are your top 3 tips for couples choosing a photographer for their wedding day?
1. Find someone who suits your style: Go through their website, galleries and blog! Their website and easy navigation will show off their organization/professionalism, their galleries will show you their absolute best work and their blog posts will show their wedding days from beginning to end. If you love all of the above, move on to tip 2.

2. Find someone who suits your personality: This is SOOOO important! Your wedding photography experience should be personal. Go through their social media profiles (Facebook business page, Instagram, etc) and pay attention to their email tone to see if they are someone you genuinely like as a person! I truly believe your photographer shouldn't be seen as just a vendor, but a friend. This will help you to feel relaxed and comfortable while getting your pictures taken during your engagement session and wedding day. A relaxed couple = better pictures and a better experience.



3. Find someone whose package suits your needs: You will probably see quite a few different packages when inquiring with various photographers. Before you make your decision based on cost alone, truly study the packages to see that it includes everything you need. A package that includes an engagement session, second shooter and digital files is a winner in my book! The packages may have add-ons such as a bridal session, an album or additional coverage so it all depends on your personal preference.

What has been your proudest moment as a small business owner?  What’s your biggest goal?
My proudest moment has been being able to balance having a small business with being a wife, a mom to our sweet boy and working full time. This leads me to my biggest goal... going full-time with photography!


What kind of future do you see for Angie McPherson Photography?
​Going full-time, meeting more sweet couples that I can call friends, connecting with more amazing wedding vendors and launching a HUGE secret project this year. Stay tuned, friends!


 If you are searching for a talented photographer that will bring out the very best in you in your wedding photographs, contact Angie.  You won't be sorry!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply