Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Why I Surround Myself With Creatives



By nature, I tend to be very type A.  I like order and lists and color-coded everything.  If I don’t have my planner with me, I feel like everything is chaos.  I realize how silly that sounds, but it’s just the way my brain works.

When I went into the wedding industry, it wasn’t so much for the pretty things.  I mean….I love all the pretty things.  Like, a lot.  But what drove me was my interest in bringing order and timelines to a day that can be full of chaos.  And while I still pride myself on being highly organized when it comes to my weddings, {seriously I’m a stickler for a timeline} I’ve definitely learned to embrace a lot more of the creative aspect as well.  And I credit a lot of that to the creative individuals I’ve begun surrounding myself with.

I’ve blogged before about how I’ve broadened my circle of people in this industry over the past year and how doing so has brought a boatload of  wonderful changes to my life.  The majority of “my people” are creatives...people that are full of so much life and energy.  I feel like they always have all these big, colorful, sometimes scary ideas….and none of them ever really seem hesitant to take the leap and make things happen.

These creatives push me to think and act outside of my orderly, color-coded box.  They help me to see the beauty in things when I’m trying to see the logic.  They make me take the leap to try things, big things, things I can’t quite wrap my head around.  Sometimes, if it doesn’t fit into an orderly list, I’m not sure what to do with it right away.  But my creative friends help push my brain in the right direction and what comes out of it is almost always magical.

I’m so thankful for these creatives and all the color and imagination and perspective they bring to my work and my life as a whole.  It’s crazy to think of myself as a “creative” now.  But I’m starting to...and I really like it.



To all you other creative entrepreneurs that are just starting out, or need a little extra encouragement and support: You should check out my #vendorsoulemate Liz’s newest endeavour, Creatives Live Happy.  Sign up for the CLH newsletter to hear all the exciting things Liz has up her sleeve to build up the emerging entrepreneur!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply