Thursday, August 20, 2015

An Update on Life




So….summer is winding down.  And I honestly couldn’t be happier to see it go.  I’m not really a “summer girl”.  I like the sunshine just as much as the next person, don’t get me wrong.  But really, I just prefer fall over summer.  I don’t like to sweat!  I like to wear jeans, scarves, and boots.  I love the smell of pumpkin and anything Wes is cooking in the smoker.  Football on the tv, hunting on the weekends.  All things that make my heart so happy.  Come on September 22nd!  In the meantime, I guess I should celebrate what has been this summer.
 
Just Dandy Events has been crazy busy in so many good ways.  I’m beyond thankful for all the great things I’ve had the opportunity to participate in over the last few months.  I’ve had two beautiful weddings, with a third coming up next weekend.  I’ve styled three shoots that were gorgeous and such a blast to be a part of.  I’ve attended parties and met tons of new wedding friends.  I took a mini road trip with my #vendorsoulmate and celebrated her accomplishment of going full time.  2015 has really felt like “my year” as far as JDE is concerned and this summer has definitely proved that.

Heidi Calma Photography

  On a more personal level, I’ve spent lots and lots of time with my sweet puppy.  #ourboywyatt is growing like crazy and he’s becoming more and more fun.  I was afraid he would grow out of his snuggly phase super quickly, but so far that hasn’t happened.  He still enjoys his snuggling time with me every afternoon and then, when Wes finally comes home from work, he’s glued to him until the next morning.  It’s wonderful to have him as part of our family.  I just don’t know what we did before he came along!


  If you know me and Wes at all, you know that summer isn’t our season for togetherness.  We see very little of each other because he works some crazy long hours at the marina and, hello….it’s Wedding Season for me.  I see him in the mornings around 6:15 when I hand him his coffee and his lunch and he heads out the door.  And then most evenings I see him sometime between 9:30 and 11:30 when I hand him his dinner.  While fall brings on hunting season and takes him away from home for days at a time, at least then he’s not home long enough to make a mess that I’m left to clean up and I’m only cooking for one person.  :)  So again, come on September.  But, we’re celebrating our date-aversary this weekend and I love that boy more than I ever have before.  10 years as friends, 6 years together, and he’s still the best person in my life.  I’m a lucky girl to say the least.
 
So that’s it….my little life update.  Things are wonderful and crazy and the absolute best they’ve ever been.  I’m so thankful for this phase of my life and can’t wait to see what fall brings!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply