Monday, July 20, 2015

Carpe Diem Celebration





You may have heard recently that my #vendorsoulemate Liz made the big leap in going fulltime with Elizabeth Henson Photos.  I'm so excited for her, proud of her, and rooting for her.  Over the past year that I've known her, she's steadily grown EHP and I've been in absolute awe of how much she has continued to move forward, while motivating and coaching everyone around her to do more and be better.  All while working fulltime as a high school art teacher.  Now that she's going to be devoting all of her work energy to her photography, I just know she's going to take over the world.  I'm so fortunate to call her one of my best friends, my partner in crime, and one of my biggest influences in business.  Congratulations Liz!!

A few weeks ago, Liz asked me to help her put together a party.  This wasn't going to be a party just to celebrate Liz's big accomplishment though.  She wanted it to be a fun time for everyone that helped her get to where she is, a way to say thank you to everyone that has supported her.  Seriously, could she be any sweeter?!




So, that's what happened.  We hosted a Carpe Diem Celebration at the Signature at West Neck and had just the best time everSnapQube brought a photo booth, Astro brought music & pretty lights, Fluttering Flowers made some crazy creative centerpieces.  Signature at West Neck provided some ridiculously delicious food and drinks. Everything Emma made the most adorable and yummy cupcakes...in Liz's branding colors of course.  Our sweet and super talented friend Heidi of Heidi Calma Photography even snapped a bunch of pictures before the party really got hopping.  We also had Tatiana from LulaRoe bring some of her amazing clothes for all our guests to shop.  Julia from Water's Edge Design brought some of her gorgeous furniture pieces on which Katelyn from Stella & Dot displayed all her pretties. 
Basically, it was a big bowl of awesome.






And to top the whole thing off, our guys got to come celebrate with us too!  It's not often that they get to be a part of our big parties, etc.  But they put on their party shoes and joined us to toast to Liz and her big accomplishment.  Loved having Wes with me...he even wore a nametag that said "I <3 #justdandyevents".  Love that man!

 
 Dear Liz - I really am so crazy proud of you and am so excited to see how much EHP grows now that you can put so much more into it.  Thank you for always being the best sounding board for all my crazy ideas.  Thank you for motivating me and pushing me to be better.  And thank you for just being the awesome and hilarious friend that you are.  Love you!!

Liz and I are teaming up again later this week on a portrait workshop.  There's still a couple spots left if you're interested in joining in on the fun!  The last one we put together in January was such a blast and I don't think this one will disappoint.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply