Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Accomplishing Goals






The past couple of weeks have been pretty incredible.  Lots has happened and I have tons of exciting things in the works.  To say I'm tired wouldn't quite cover it, but it's the best kind of tired.  My brain is being exercised in ways I didn't know were possible.  The feeling of not being able to turn my good ideas off at night is a new one and it's so great.  I'm happy.  And I'm excited to see what's next.

Every now and then, I write up a list of goals I'd like to accomplish for myself and for JDE.  I have a tendency to post them here, put them out into the universe, as a way to hold myself accountable and push me to make them happen.  So far, it's worked out pretty well.

I'm happy to report that we're only half way through 2015 and I'm continuously checking off some of those goals I set back in January.  So here's a little status report.

Goal: Book 5 More Weddings for the 2015 Season
As of January 1st, I had booked 2 weddings for 2015, and none for 2016.  I had accepted that it was going to be a slower year for JDE, but I was really hopeful that I could change that.  Well, those two initial weddings have come and gone, and both were huge successes.  Now I'm gearing up for the other four I booked for later in the year!

While I haven't quite hit the magic number of 5 that I hoped for, I got 4 more and a 2016 wedding.  So I'm calling that a goal accomplished.  Besides, it's only July.  I could still book a fifth for 2015!

Goal: Learn Calligraphy
 I don't like my handwriting.  I never have.  It's neat-ish.  It's readable.  But it's never been what I see as pretty.  I've always envied the girls with the really scrolly, feminine handwriting.  I've considered taking calligraphy classes, but they tend to be a bit on the pricey side.  Not to mention, they take up time that I just don't have right now.  Well, last week I saw a post on Instagram about Printable Wisdom's No Fuss Calligraphy Starter Kit.  So I checked it out.  Ya'll.  I got so excited looking at it!  It's affordable and simple and something I can work at in my spare time.

 
So I ordered it.  It should be delivered this week and I cannot wait to get started teaching myself.  I'm sure I'll be posting plenty of progress pictures on Instagram, so keep an eye out and don't laugh at me please.

Goal: Network More
When I posted this goal, I put it out there that this was an area that scared the crap out of me.  I'm naturally a shy person.  The idea of walking into a room of people I don't know and introducing myself and striking up conversation literally gives me a stomach ache.  Or at least it used to.  Over the past 6 months or so, I've really put myself out there a lot more.  Thank goodness for my #vendorsoulmate Liz.  She's definitely the one that has pushed me out of my comfort zone and shown me that it's worth it.  To say I'm thankful for her encouragement is a huge understatement.

So I've attended more events I've been invited to.  I've started going to Tuesdays Together gatherings.  I've even reached out directly to other creatives that I feel I could learn from and develop friendships with.  That's a really big deal for me and I'm quite proud of myself honestly.  I can't wait to see the new friendships and work relationships I gain.

Woo!  I'm so excited that I'm able to cross these goals off my list for 2015 and add some more to try to wipe out before the end of the year.  Keep an eye out for a new list of goals soon! 

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Accomplishing Goals”

  1. So blessed to be your friend, and it's a blessing to be friends while I watch your business grow!! Who knows, maybe one of these days we'll get to work together on a wedding and it be LOCAL (a goal of mine, lol). Love you girl, you're doing big things and you're so wonderful and incredible. Keep on keeping on... I have a feeling you'll squeak that 5th wedding in, OR you'll blow 2016 out of the water <3

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chelsea You're the sweetest friend! I'm so blessed to have you in my life! Can't wait to see what the future holds for both of us. <3

      Delete