Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Portrait Styled Shoot




Well folks, we did it again!  I got to team up with Elizabeth Henson Photos once again to put together a super fun day filled with beautiful models, kick-butt vendors, and some incredible photographers.  We originally planned this shoot to happen back in the beginning of December.  But some gross-tastic weather threw a wrench in those plans and we had to reschedule it for January 11th.  Sometimes I feel like things happen for a reason, and I think this was one of those things.  The day was PERFECT.  It was cold, like really cold.  But it was also gloriously beautiful!  Clear skies and an stunning sunset made the wait so worth it.

We were able to team up with my friend Maggie and use her family's property for this shoot.  If I could coordinate every one of my events on this property, I would.  It's GORGEOUS.  I'm so envious of Maggie having grown up in such a beautiful place.  Thanks again for letting us crash your place Maggie!  You're the best!

This shoot was quite a bit different from the one we did in October.  Liz wanted to put together a fun group of photographers that could get together to practice.  How awesome is that?  Ya'll may not know this, but Liz is amazing.  Not only is she a really talented photographer, but she's one of the most motivational people I've ever met.  She loves helping and teaching and coaching.  She's one of those people that is just as enthusiastic about you and your company as YOU are.  Since I met her last June, she's been one of my biggest cheerleaders and I'm so thankful for her.  Watching her come up with ideas for events like this just makes me so happy.  Ok enough sap for now...on to the shoot.

We ended up with six photographers {seven since we had one group of two!} and three models.  The photographers were broken up into 3 groups and given 30 minutes with each of the models.  The three models were given different looks.  Andrea was our athletic chic model.  She even did some fun yoga poses for us towards the end of the evening....wait till you see those pictures!  Ali was styled in a sort of winter white look.  I must have told her a hundred times that she looks just like Taylor Swift.  But really, she's so much prettier!!  And Chynna...you might recognize her from our shoot in October.  She's amazing and hilarious and I was so happy to get to hang out with her again.  She was our boho model.  And boy, did she rock it!

Ok enough babbling for now.  Here are a few of my favorite photos that Liz took.










You should definitely check out the photographers that attended the shoot.  They're all so wonderful and talented and just a whole lot of fun to be around.


A huge thank you to our AMAZING vendors:

Accessories: Worth the Wait  //  Jewelry: Chloe + Isabel  //  Make Up: Dahlia Edwards  //  Hair: Olivia at Salon Oh

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply