Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Giving Thanks: The People You Meet


I know Thanksgiving has come and gone.  But it's never too late to give a little thanks.  I'm so incredibly thankful for this little journey that I'm on.  I started coordinating weddings because I enjoyed it.  I loved the details and the planning and the end result of brides seeing what they'd dreamed of since they were little girls come to life.  It's fun and it's rewarding and I can't imagine not doing it.

But, what I've found I enjoy and value, even more than the details and planning and looks on brides' faces, is getting to meet so many incredible new people.  The brides & grooms I've been fortunate enough to meet and impact their big day.  The parents of the newlyweds that go on and on about how happy their "babies" are.  The vendors I've had the pleasure of working with and getting to know.  The clients and vendors that have turned into friends.

Going into this whole thing, I never fathomed I'd be making new friends.  I mean, I guess I knew that other wedding professionals had done it.  I've seen the Instagram posts showing parties with "friendors" and all that.  I just never thought I would be lucky enough to experience it.  To have people in my life that share the same outlook , that know what it's like not to have free Saturdays.  People that know what it's like to juggle your full-time job with your dream job, as well as trying to maintain a social life and not lose your mind.  People that understand the stress and fear that go hand-in-hand with starting your own business.  To be friends with people that just GET IT.

It's the craziest feeling and I'm so incredibly thankful that I'm actually experiencing this all first hand.  Even more so recently, in the past year.  2014 wasn't my busiest year so far.  I only had 3 weddings total.  But it definitely turned out to be my most impacting year to date.  I crossed a couple of things off my bucket list.  I networked quite a bit more than I have in the past {which has TOTALLY paid off}.  I had the privilege of working with a few high profile vendors that I totally admire.  I worked on a project that is now going to be published at the end of this month.  I met my vendor soul mate BFF goofy friend who has pushed me and motivated me in every way I needed.  I joined a network of small business girls that has supported me and provided so much knowledge and insight.  I had clients that I've kept in touch with, and even managed to involve them in other projects I coordinated just so we could hang out again.

Again, I'm just plain thankful.  Here's hoping this is just the beginning.  That things keep moving in this super exciting, quickly growing direction.  I can't wait to see what next year has in store for Just Dandy Events!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply