Friday, November 7, 2014

Vendor Spotlight - High Voltage Hair by Crystal Casey

I met Crystal of High Voltage Hair by Crystal Casey at the WeddingWire happy hour Liz & I attended back in August.  She was there with Amy from Mystique Salon & Day Spa and we hit it off so well with the two of them!  We were so incredibly lucky to get to work with the both of them on the styled shoot in October and cannot WAIT to work with them again.  Read on to learn a bit about High Voltage Hair and be sure to check out her website!

Tell us about your business!  High Voltage Hair by Crystal Casey is many things.  I am a planner, I am a therapist, I am a magician, I am a comedian, I am a coffee lover, I am a doggie mom and a friend.  My job may be behind the chair doing hair day in and day out, but I am all of these things 100% of the time.  Being a business owner means your business becomes your life & I love my job so I don't mind at all.  The wedding side of the business has lead me to meet so many beautiful vendors & people.  So many beautiful brides with amazing love stories.  The color side of the business has lead me to learn the true meaning of loyalty & I've made some amazing friends with clients & stylists I've had the pleasure of working beside & owners I've had the pleasure of working for.  It has also taught me about higher education.  There is always something new to be learned in every field, not just my own.  So do I do hair?  Yeah, I do.  Is that all that I do?  Of course not.  When people ask me what I do I feel like its such a loaded question, because to just merely say "I am a hairstylist", when that's underselling myself.  I am so much more inside of my work & out.  So I say, "Here's my card.  Come see me & find out."  :)


How long have you been operating?  Going strong for 5 years!!!  Can you believe it?!

What areas do you serve?  All of Virginia, Maryland, DC, & North Carolina

What services do you offer?  I offer a wide variety of bridal services on and off location.  I also offer an array of cut & color services.  You can find all bridal packages and a full service & pricing menu on my website!



How would you describe your "style"?  Well, my personal style is a complete 180 from my bridal style.  While my personal style is unique and very edgy {I get compared to Kat von D & Katy Perry a lot.  I'm not complaining though!}, my bridal style is more vintage with a modern twist.  Very elegant and romantic, yet casual and fun.



What's the most memorable event you've ever worked?  Well, ther are plenty of memorable events, some good some not so good.  But that's life.  I'd have to save my FAVORITE memorable event is more of an event inside of an event.  I did hair for Lizzie Grant's wedding {daughter of Andi Grant}.  Andi Grant is a photographer in the Hampton Roads area and a fabulous one at that.  The wedding day styling process was a whirlwind, but the girls all looked beautiful!  Months later I found out that the wedding was published in THE KNOT!!  How exciting!  This was my first publication in The Knot & I was so excited.  Laura Gordon was the photographer that day & the images were beyond amazing.  You can see Lizzie & Tracy's wedding here.

What are your favorite types of events to work?  I'd have to say my favorite type of event to work ....weddings!!!  I love them!  The glitz, the glam, the bonding, all the pretty!  The beginning of a chapter of your life to be shared with that special someone, your best friend!  Second to weddings are prom.  It makes such a monumental time in a young girl's life.  They are closing one chapter & opening another on their way to adult life & finding themselves.  So many memories are being made on that one special night!


Who are your favorite vendors/venues to work with/at?  This is such a loaded question!
For makeup - Beauty & Baubles: Jenn Brosch & Makeup by Kim Porter

Venue - Women's Club of Portsmouth {it's so beautiful!} & anywhere in Colonial Williamsburg


Photographers - GAH there are so many!  Honestly this is not an area wher I can just pick a couple.  I have worked with so many GREAT photographers & I love them all.

Bridal Gowns - Maya Couture & Pure English Couture Bridal

Flowers - C&J Floral & Mary's Flower Works

Cakes - Cindy's Cakery & Shockley's Sweet Shoppe

Invitations - Paper Dolls Design & The Girl Tyler

and last but not least....
Planners - Just Dandy Events {HOLLLLLLYYYY} & Cherry Blossom Weddings

WHEW that's a lot!  Haha!

Any advice for brides trying to chose a hair stylist?  There is SO MUCH advice that I could give to brides.  There are just so many aspects of your day and your hair & stylist that you have to look at when choosing someone.  I actually wrote a blog about it before & it is packed with info and worth the read!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply