Thursday, September 4, 2014

Vendor Spotlight - Maria Grace Photography

Everyone meet Maria of Maria Grace Photography.  Ya'll....she's wonderful.  I can't remember who reached out to who via Facebook, but it led to a coffee date and I've valued her as a vendor friend ever since.  She's one of those people that you meet and immediately feel comfortable chatting it up with about absolutely anything.  She's funny and fun and just makes you smile. I'm really hopeful that we get to work on a wedding together soon.  Keep reading and get to know her a bit more.  Then go check out her site and see more of her work for yourself.




Tell us about your business.

My business is Maria Grace Photography. I’m a wedding, family, and portrait photographer serving Hampton Roads, Richmond, and beyond!



How long have you been operating?

I’ve been in business officially since April 2013, and it’s been a whirlwind of weddings, growth, and excitement ever since.


What areas do you serve?

I mostly work in Hampton Roads and Richmond, but have traveled out of state for weddings as well, and I’m secretly hoping to shoot an international wedding in 2015.


What services do you offer?

I shoot weddings, engagements, and families. Recently, I’ve started to shoot some anniversary sessions of couples who have been married for a year or more. They are quickly becoming my favorite!


How would you describe your "style"?

In three words, my style is joyful, organic, and fun. I love to capture the true joy of people in the moment rather than create stiff poses that never change from person to person. I love having fun with my clients – we laugh, talk, and joke in between shooting. The most important detail to me is to photograph who the couple or family truly is when I’m not around. My clients are the ones who know themselves best, so I let their story unfold in front of my camera naturally while I capture the moment.




What's the most memorable event you've ever photographed?

The most memorable event I’ve ever photographed is the first one I was ever hired for, before I was officially in business. A sweet elderly gentleman whose name was Stan had a retirement party, and his daughter hired me as the photographer. I met so many people that night, and my passion for photography really started to take off. Sadly, Stan passed away from cancer just a few months later. I am so grateful I was able to be there among his family and friends to capture such a meaningful event in his life.


What are your favorite types of events to photograph?

I love weddings! There is something so amazing about watching two people start their lives together after such a long wait. I love meeting their families and friends, and seeing so many others come to one place to celebrate a new family being made.



Recently, I mentioned that I have started offering anniversary sessions. I love these, because they are such an amazing way to show how far you've come in your marriage - that you still mean the vows you made however many years ago it was, and that your love is still growing every day.

  
Who are your favorite vendors/venues to work with/at?

This is a tough one! I’m really excited to work at Traditions in Chesapeake this fall, and local venues are so great for meeting new people and making great connections. One of my favorite venues was The Yorktowne Hotel in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. They are famous for their sunset, rooftop pictures – and rightly so!



As far as vendors, there are too many to name! I love watching our local vendors in Hampton Roads grow and serve their clients in new and exciting ways. I do hope to work with Just Dandy Events on a wedding soon, though!


Any advice for brides trying to choose a wedding photographer?

Find someone who treats you well every step of the way – whether you’ve already booked with them or not. If a photographer does not answer your emails promptly now, it probably won’t get better later on! Look at several of their weddings, and see if you can imagine yourself in those pictures. If you can, you will be more than happy with what he or she will capture on your wedding day.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply