Friday, September 5, 2014

JDE Brides: Ariel

Ariel & I met back in the summer of 2009 when we were bridesmaids together in a friend's gorgeous wedding.  We hit it off immediately!  She was just as sarcastic as I am and we just rolled with each others jokes and giggled uncontrollably every time we got together.  I.Adore.Her.

Fast forward to 2012, and Ariel was getting married!!!  And she asked me to be her coordinator!  There was so much I loved about her day.  The venue was perfect, the food was incredible, and the guests were an absolute blast.


I could go on all day about how perfect this wedding was, but I think I'll let Ariel have her turn.  :)

Who are you and who is your husband?  I'm Ariel and I married Jon

How did the two of you meet?  When I Was 20, I rented my first apartment with my best friend and her boyfriend at the time.  Her boyfriend had a plethora of friends coming over and hanging out all the time playing Madden, but one friend of his always stood out, Jon.  He was hilarious and he always had this way of making me feel like I was the only person in the room.  He asked me out on our first date to Carrabbas {ooh lala} and as time went on I just fell in love with everything about him.


How did he pop the question?  On Valentine's Day night, he started preparing dinner and asked me if I wanted to go down tot he beach and look at the moon.  It was like, 40 degrees outside and I was just thinking about how cold it was, so I told him I didn't want to go.  He kept insisting, but I still said no.  Since I was being so difficult he had to improvise and he finally proposed to me, very privately in our bedroom.  Which was perfect for me. :)

What 5 words would you use to describe your wedding?  Elegant, vintage, eclectic, fun & simple


What were your favorite/least favorite parts of wedding planning?  My favorite thing about the wedding planning was picking out the colors for the wedding and all the decor.  My least favorite part was wrangling in my family to make this wedding happen!

Where did you go for your honeymoon?  Kauai, Hawaii.  The most beautiful place on earth.  We had the most amazing 7 days of our lives.


Who were your vendors?
Food: Mobile Pig-Nic {I didn't hear one bad word about them from my guests.  In fact, I heard the opposite: that the staff was friendly and helpful and the food was amazing!}
Photographer: Val and Sarah Photography
Dress: All the Rage Virginia Beach
Venue: The Planters Club, Suffolk, VA
Cake: My aunt Donna made our cake for us as a gift :)

If you could do one thing different, what would it be?  When it was time for me to go down the aisle, my music wouldn't play.  I just stood there at the end of the aisle waiting for the music to cue me in.  I looked at my brother, who was in charge of the music and basically panicking, trying to figure out why it wouldn't play.  So after about 25 seconds of me just standing there and everyone staring at me with no music playing, I finally just said "I really wanted my entrance song, so I'm just going to sing it out loud as I walk down the aisle."  Then all my family and friends joined in as I walked down to meet Jon.  It was a pretty cool recovery, but I would have definitely preferred my grand entrance.  Haha!


Any advice for future brides?  My advice is to soak in every moment of your wedding.  Soak in the ceremony and all the hugs from family and friends. Appreciate the music and the food and the cake.  Most importantly, in all the hustle and bustle of the wedding day, take a few minutes to slip away from the crowd with your new husband and just visit with one another.  It's a moment you'll be thankful you took.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply