Thursday, August 21, 2014

Vendor Spotlight - Bluebird's Garage

Meet Mary Kaufman of Bluebird's Garage!  Bluebird's Garage provided the vintage rentals for Steve & Nicole's wedding at the Cavalier Golf & Yacht Club in July.  Mary was an absolute joy to work with.  She's so professional and creative and helpful.  And easily one of the sweetest and funniest people in the industry.  She's one of those people that you meet, and you're immediately at ease working with her.  I knew she would do whatever it took to make Steve & Nicole's wedding everything they had dreamed.  Not to mention, her rentals are EXQUISITE!  Read what Mary has to say about her company, then check out her site and all she has to offer.



Tell us about Bluebird's Garage:  Bluebird’s Garage is a full service vintage rental and concept design company based in Virginia Beach. We collect pieces that speak to you, the camera, and your guests offering unique and custom items for your party, wedding, photo shoot or event. Our storefront also offers handmade jewelry, made in house farm tables, and a small selection of homewares.


How long has Bluebird's Garage been operating:  We have been in business for two years this July and opened our storefront in February of this year.

What area do you serve?  We serve VA and coastal NC.









What services do you offer?  Vintage Rentals & Styling from ideation to implementation


  How would you describe your style?  My personal style is always changing but I obviously have a sweet spot for vintage finds. I love vintage clothing and home decor but am equally fascinated by modern  decor.  I think people will find that in and out of the shop.

What's the most memorable event you've provided rentals for?  Well I just love working weddings and being a part of someone’s dream day, so every wedding is special to me however I would have to say styling the 'Scout is Out' party for the Va beach Scout Guide will be one I will never forget.

What are your favorite types of events to style?  I love working events which I supply rentals and style. Doing both is a dream come true to me every time.

Who are your favorite vendors/venues to work with/at?  I think the Hampton Roads wedding vendor community is filled with too many sweet and talented people to pick! My favorite venues are private homes. I have found that regardless of size, they are always so intimate and special.


What advice do you have for brides trying to choose a rental company?  I say go with someone who you feel comfortable with and who’s pieces speak to you!

Thanks so much for your time Mary!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
Add a comment

Leave a Reply